The Carl-Bechstein-Foundation awards 10 scholarships to outstanding young pianists in the classical field who aspire to a solo career. Due to the current adverse circumstances, the scholarship holders will be financially supported with 1.000€ per month for one year.
- Pianists must have a master’s degree in piano performance.
- not be older than 30 years
- be a German or Austrian citizen or have their main residence in Germany or Austria for at least two years
- be in a financial emergency situation, mainly due to the course of the Corona pandemic
- Personal cover letter in German or English describing the current situation, in particular:
- Overview of current costs or additional expenses currently incurred
- Overview of the originally planned concert appearances from 2020 and 2021 that were cancelled due to the pandemic (if possible, including proof of cancellation letters received or similar)
- Overview of regular income (BAföG, scholarships, support from parents, Corona aid, etc.)
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form in German with emphasis on the artistic career, showing the prospect of a successful career in the concert business
- audio and/or video recordings of pianistic activity (please include links to public videos or for download).
Deadline: March 1, 2021
Please send your application to email@example.com
Expected start date of funding: April 1, 2021.